Sunday 19 February 2012

My Thoughts

Thinking about it now nearly 22 years on, I was so lucky because remember I was driving to a paint wholesalers and had this SAH Stroke happened just a few minutes earlier I would have been doing 60 mph down a dual-carriageway and well that does not bear thinking about.

I am one hell of a lucky guy and yes I will never forget that, not only did I miss a head-on collision I also got through that operation and despite having severe Spasticity recovered well all things considered.

I also had no children at the time and only been married since 9th May 1987 so was concerned if my wife could cope or indeed if she wanted to stay with me I did say to her in Hospital while I was recovering post operation that she could leave if she wanted as I did not want to burden her specially as she was so young and beautiful.

You can I expect imagine the reply lol yes it was don't be a silly fool, I was lucky in that I had time on my side being only 27 years old at the time so despite the many issues I faced in my recovery I made very good progress in the first 6 months and that I am grateful for as it did take quiet a burden from my wife.

I say this because post stroke care was not the animal it is today and apart from one re-visit to Hospital at 6months post Stroke and the physiotherapy I had while in hospital that was it and I very much had to find my own way and that I can tell you was no easy task.




No comments:

Post a Comment